Monday, July 12, 2021

Paris in July - Week 3 (already!)

Dear friends, I', overwhelmed with your passion and engagement with this Paris in July event. I honestly didn't think that there'd be many people left in blogging land to keep this show on the road - but WOW!! so much activity going on.... so much so  that I don't feel I've paid due diligence as a host to get around and visit you all. I will try and get around a bit more this week... 

Of the few blogs I did pop over to visit, I wanted to call out Mae's special post - in response to my friend Megan's guest entry. Mae shared a post from previous years, about The Existentialist CafĂ© - a book that I have and I read sections from time to time - but Mae's review was a great little read in itself - Highly recommend it if you haven't got over there yet. 

NancyElin has continued to devour classic literature, and if you're like me, and likely to never ready these plays or novels - Nancy's reviews a a good level of detail and intrigue. 

For something a little different - visit Stacy's Books as she blogged a combo style post - on books, cemeteries and puzzles - all Paris based :) 

Kwakito is really testing my french language skills, but I'm really loving those simple photo's from Paris.. 

As for week 3 - I hope to post a reading review, a Tour de France review, and maybe even another Guest Post!  
For now - here's a quote to inspire your thoughts from Julian Barnes
“It took me some years to clear my head of what Paris wanted me to admire about it, and to notice what I preferred instead. Not power-ridden monuments, but individual buildings which tell a quieter story: the artist’s studio, or the Belle Epoque house built by a forgotten financier for a just-remembered courtesan.”


5 comments:

Mae Travels said...

The variety and depth of this year's posts is really amazing. I'm looking forward to your posts this week, and to everyone's. I guess all these months without travel are really making us all want to wish for Paris now, as well as Paris trips past.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Jeanie said...

This week, a review of book of essays called "France: A Love Story." It's a delight! Thanks again for hosting. I look forward to your Tour recap!

stacybuckeye said...

I'm having fun this month! So glad that you're hosting :)

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Thank you so much for hosting Paris in July. I've stumbled a bit at the start as we have houseguests, but I've managed to post a bit.

Love the quote!

Arti said...

Glad to be joining another Paris in July, always a pleasure. This time I'm reviewing the movie 'The Truth', with Catherine Deneuve, Juliette Binoche, and Ethan Hawke. A delightful French film now on Netflix. Thanks for hosting, Tamara!