Sunday, July 21, 2019

Paris in July - Week 4

Button Created by Mel U @ The Reading Life
Wow, Week 3 was a whirlwind of visiting Paris in July. I cant believe we're about to enter Week 4 - but the good news is, we will have a week 5 (even though only have a week)....

I am sorry I have been very busy this week, and didn't get a chance to visit many of your blogs until today, but today I've had a ball. I have been overwhelmed with the variety of posts this week, but I've also become a bit jealous. Some of you have amazing and beautiful photo's capturing your memories of Paris and France. My holiday snaps never turn out that great. Carola Bartz posted some gorgeous images of a fountain in Tricolour for her post on La Fete Nationale and also another post title 'Sur La Table' with enticing images of cafes and Bistro's of France. Kwarkito posted some gorgeous images also - in particular a B&W of the Seine - Reminded me of my parents photos from the early 70s. Jeanie's images of the old and new in Paris were also a strong reminder of the iconic images in Paris.

Reading through all the posts today awakened in me a desire to visit Paris sooner than I was planning. Jackie at Junkboattravels posted on the Atelier des lumieres, an interactive art musee which I certainly hope is still around if I get back to France soon. 

In the book reviews space, Mel U posted on some really interesting short stories, including Cheri by Colette and a song about reading Colette in Summer (so Paris in July!)... Deb @ Readerbuzz did another fun post, which I'm sure all of us can relate to, where she reveals she's a sucker for any book with a typically french image on the cover!.

So many great posts this week - you probably didn't even notice that I didn't get one done myself! I hope to post one or two this week.. But now it's time to launch Week 4.





12 comments:

Jeanie said...

I so enjoy Paris in July -- I'm continually motivated to want to return!

I finally saw a bit of the tour -- got hold of a telly that worked up here and headed home for a few days so I should see more. I miss it.

You would ADORE the atelier. I would LOVE to see the Van Gogh show. I can't remember if I told you I have a tab at the top of my blog menu for Paris/London 2018 and have a post on the Klimt, which has closed, but you get the idea! (Including a video and there are some on youtube.) It's remarkable.

crackercrumblife said...

My July has been crazy! I am excited to finally be able to really start participating! I would love to go to France one day. :)

Carola Bartz said...

I can so well understand that you'd like to go back to Paris sooner than later. I feel the same when I see all these wonderful posts on this beautiful city.

kwarkito said...

Thanks for your nice words and encore bravo, for this Paris in July. Here are two pics of The Jardin du Luxembourg which is my favorite, with the Pantheon in the back. It's a place where I use to meet with my friend when I was 17, and now my daughter does the same. I hope you'll have the opportunity to come back to Paris, I oulémas show you many other places

Arti said...

Last week already. Thanks for another year of hosting Paris in July. And we all know, we'll always have Paris, no matter what month. :)

Mel u said...

Thanks for once again hosting this great event. This week I have posted on two books that would make a very interesting reading pair, The Book of Salt by Monique Truong and The Lover by Marguerite Duras deal with French colonial Vietnam in the 1930s.

kwarkito said...

There also many surprising places in Paris, some secret spots where time seems to be in suspension or as if it had no longer passed as if it had passed below the house of Balzac or a stone's throw from the Seine, you can see the same walls as in its time, and that you have the feeling of being in the countryside

Mae Travels said...

The collection of different locations, moods, books, and interests here gets more and more fascinating. So many different points of view about Paris and France! I have a few more ideas of what to read as my Paris in July this year seems to mainly be about reading.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Mel u said...

Hi, can you pls fix my last link. Title should be Natalie Clifford Barney and the Decadence of Literary
Paris

Thanks

Mel u said...

Today i posted on a Short story by one of my favourite Short story writers, Goli Taraghi based on The issues she faced Immigrating frim Tehran to Paris in 1978. My post contain a link to The story.



Arti said...

French paintings in Vancouver Art Gallery. Hope you all like them. Thanks for hosting another Paris in July, Tamara.

SEOServices said...

Thanks for Sharing!
delhi agra tour