Saturday, July 21, 2018

Paris in July - Ready for week 4?

 
Bienvenue à nos nouveaux amis se joindre à la dernière semaine. It makes my heart smile when I see new people joining in during the month we celebrate Paris in July. We have been treated to many new aspects of Paris and french living in the past week, and I suspect the next week will be another full week of options.

For me, I have been resting and recovering at home after being hit hard by a virus. So my French experiences have been slightly passive. I have been enjoying my subscription to TV5Monde which allows me to watch a range of shows in french.

I've also been enjoying a picture book I have. French Essence Here's a couple of images I'll share from it that inspire Frenchyness ....

The author speaks about collections...
samples of french items that create an ambience french.

 
then there are those images and colours that you expect of french culture....

And the essence of summer living in dreamy Provence....

What evokes the French Essence for you?

Here we go - Enter your new posts for week 4 here.

10 comments:

The French Hutch said...

Thank you for hosting this amazing French party. So much fun and inspiration. I am happy to participate!
Happy summer..........

Brona said...

Hope you're feeling better soon Tamara. Mr Books & I both got hit with the bug at the beginning of the month - a lingering cough and tiredness is all that plagues us now ... and this ghastly run of bitterly cold weather!
Just as well we have Paris in July to look forward to each day to beat these winter blues away :-)

Bonnie said...

This is a lovely place to lose oneself. I am enjoying all the inspiration.

Sami said...

Hope you're feeling better Tamara and thanks for hosting.

Jeanie said...

Now, that's a good question. To me, the French essence is classic beauty and history. No to the Montparnasse Tower, yes to the Eiffel Tower!

Thanks for hosting and visiting. I'm behind on replying to blog comments with some limited internet this summer but I'm so glad when you come by!

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Nothing evokes the French Essence for me quite so much as classic French cooking. Thank you for hosting. I look forward to visiting all of the links.

Arti said...

A French film by French director Agnes Varda, for any summer day. :)

Lisbeth said...

Wonderful photos and inspiration! Get well!

Mae Travels said...

The collection of posts on books, movies, food, and general French life is so wonderful here! I have read about several books that I couldn't resist reading right away, and learned of at least one new TV series. Hooray for Paris in July...

The only problem is that I have too many more posts in mind to finish by the end of the month.

best,
mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Louise said...

Sorry you've been sick Tamara. July has run past me a bit this month, I had work of course and then was away in the middle (with my laptop in for repairs), so I haven't joined in as much as I'd hoped. I don't know about TV5 Monde- sounds intriguing, can you tell us more about it? Or have you ever done a post about your subscription? Although I shouldn't subscribe to something else, it's not like I get through all of the SBS French language programming... I don't have French Essence, which seems like an oversight.