Saturday, June 30, 2018

Paris in July - Week 1


Bienvenue a Paris en Juillet 2018. Welcome to Paris in July 2018. I'm so excited about the level of interest this year, with more than 20 participants now signed up. Merci. Thank you.

I started hosting this event with my friend Karen many years ago now as a trial to see if I liked blogging and if it offered me something creative and challenging in my life back then. While Karen now has a family and career demands that challenge her amply, I am still hosting Paris in July and still finding it fulfilling and rewarding. I really enjoy the connections that this event brings.

What I love about this event, is that it's like having a month long dinner party with like minded friends. You know - the sort of party you cant tear yourself away from cos you're having such a nice time.

So, for those who are new to this (and we have a few so that's REALLY exciting), what generally happens is that each week ( and I try to do this on my Saturday morning), I will post a weekly summary of what has been happening in the event, and I post a new Mr Linky so you can then enter the next weeks posts in there for others to find. I've also created a blogroll on the side of my blog for you to get easy access to all participants blogs. This year there's also a twitter and instagram #ParisinJuly2018, so if you're into those mediums - make the most of it. (I dont do too much in that space but others have already started).

Remember, many of us love all things about Paris and France, so you can post on anything - food reviews or recipes, favourite memories or dreams of visiting Paris, movies, music, book reviews, history insights, favourite french TV shows... anything.  So here goes... link in and enjoy the journey.

How tomuse Mr Linky: in Name - indicate your name and the nature of your post ie book review or title of your post... then post the URL link to the post you want people to come and visit.




13 comments:

Mae Travels said...

You are a bit early, but I had my first post for Paris in July all ready to go, so I posted it just now. Here's to a great month of Paris thoughts and blogging!

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Tamara said...

Yes, sorry Im early, but I've got a busy weekend and I didn't want to be late... there's so much anticipation..

Jeanie said...

I'm in! And back later to check more links!

Brona said...

This is one of my favourite blogging times of year!
Thanks so much for hosting it again Tamara :-)

Bellezza said...

Tamara, please sign me up in your list of participants. I am currently reading Annie Ernaux' The Years, a fabulous memoir, but plan to read more. And of course, post on such as I read. xo

Marilyn Miller said...

Jeanie recommended playing with you. I love Paris and France, so I will join you this month. Thanks!!

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Thank you so much for hosting this party! It’s my favorite party of the year!

Mae Travels said...

Article of interest here:

https://www.1843magazine.com/culture/travellers-bookshelf/the-best-books-about-paris

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.cm

NancyElin said...

Wine suggestion
..and recipe for the weekend! (see blogpost)
https://nancyelin.wordpress.com/2018/07/06/paris-in-july-french-wine/

Molly said...

SO excited to visit Paris in July again this year! Thank you so much for hosting this fabulous event for us :)

Jeanie said...

Hi again! First, thanks for coming by the blog! And also, I noticed that Marilyn at Delights of the Heart (#11) posted but I don't see her on the side bar so I thought I'd let you know! Hard to keep up on it all!

vvb32 reads said...

Bonjour! thanks for hosting this event.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

My first time joining and I've caught up on all the posts here. Can't wait for next week. Thank you for hosting this fun fun time!!