Thursday, August 12, 2010

Madam Bovary - Group read

Frances at NONSUCH Books is hosting a read-a-long in October of this new and acclaimed translated work of Gustave Flaubert. The rave reviews for Lydia Davis' translations tempted me enough - how about you?

Who is Lydia Davis? Check out this article and interview.

I've ordered my copy. While not yet released (to be release 23 September), this lovely hard cover edition is available for pre-purchase at the Book Depository. I'll look forward to joining many of you for this great experience.

4 comments:

Frances said...

Thanks so much for posting about this! I can't wait. The first week of September, I will be hosting a giveaway from Penguin of ten copies of the book. Hope you get to retratc that preorder!

Karen said...

I will definitely be joining in. I have read the book before but a while ago now so I'm looking forward to a re-read - particularly with such a gorgeous copy of the book!

Danielle said...

Hi Tamara, Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! Isn't the cover of this gorgeous? I read Madame Bovary a few years ago, but the more I read about people joining in the group read I am tempted to do so myself!

Bellezza said...

I look forward to reading this with you, too, Tamara. Sorry I've been so absent lately; you've got a plethora of interesting posts here!