Monday, June 19, 2023

Paris in July 2023

 For the love of cycling

Tour Down Under 2023 - the Dutch Corner

Tour Down Under - the caravan 

Bonjour mes amis! 

The Tour de France is coming, and for those who know me, you know I love the TV footage of this huge event that takes in the sights and loves of all things French... so, Yes, it's that time of year... when I would also normally be hosting the Paris in July Blogging Event...

The Paris in July blogging event, has been a huge success of the years, largely because of you - the participants. It's always been an event that welcomes everyone who loves all things Paris and France. It's been about 

  • books & movies
  • restaurant reviews and favourite meals
  • recipes
  • theatre, film and festivals
  • travel memories 
  • favourite photos of Paris
  • wine tastings
  • itineraries for travellers
The event has been hosted here, at Thyme-for-tea, with weekly sign-in posts, weekly reviews, and a widget that supported you to link to other bloggers involved. 

This year, I'm just not sure I can maintain the level of support this event has required in the past. So I'm posting this for two reasons
  • declaring that I fear I can not honour participants with the right diligence 
  • seeking expressions of interest from anyone who would like to take on hosting the event, or co-host with me... 
I would love to hear your thoughts about how you would like to see Paris in July hosted in 2023. 

Tamara 

9 comments:

Brona said...

Hi Tamara
I've just spotted this. I'd love to help out but my plate is full this year. I hope someone reaches out soon.
I'll add a link to my next post as well.
Hope this finds you well.
Bron

Lisbeth said...

Hi Tamara,
So much waiting for Paris in July, and I hope that someone will reach out to help you. Would have liked to, but I will be travelling all of July, August and into November, and I know that I will not have the time to post or check out the blogs regularly.

Like Brona, I will make a note in a blog post.

Jeanie said...

I was even wondering if I'd have anything new to post for PIJ as none of my reading, watching or traveling has involved France. In a different world, I'd volunteer to host but I will be away much of the summer and my internet is sometimes unreliable. Good luck.

Tamara said...

I really appreciate that life has us going in different directions this July. That's OK. Paris is always a good idea (so I hear)... so maybe we can do Paris again together soon.

If anyone has good recommendations, please post a link in the comments here.

Its not over, just postponned a bit... maybe September?

Lisbeth said...

That is a good idea Tamara. The summer is always a busy time, people are travelling, seeing families etc. Why not September. I will probably be travelling at that time as well, but maybe I can help out.

I was thinking that it might be enough to put up a mister linky (or there might be similar) once a week for participants to link their blog posts. Participants are able to read each other's blog posts. However, I have never done such a link, and am not sure how to go ahead. Has someone else used these kind of linked posts?

I will try to check it out myself, but it might take some time. In such a case, no summary is needed every week, but we can still enjoy each other's posts on our Paris delights.

Emma at Words And Peace / France Book Tours said...

Sorry to see you go. Thanks for all you've done over the years.
I'm thinking, I could help co-host (I'm French after all), maybe with Deb at https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/, who is been very active with this? I'm checking out with her

Mel u said...

In what ever fashion it takes,once again I will be there.thanks so much

Emma at Words And Peace / France Book Tours said...

Tamara, I sent you an email. If no one does it, I can actually host it. Let me know.
I tried to find you on social media for quicker communications, but couldn't find you.

Emma at Words And Peace / France Book Tours said...

No answer, so my post will be live tomorrow July 1st, to host this event.
Come here to share your posts:
https://wordsandpeace.com/2023/07/01/paris-in-july-2023/