The rules that come with this award require me to:
1. Answer this question: If you had the chance to go back and change one thing in your life, would you, and what would it be?
There are many many things I would change about my life with the benefit of hindsight. One thing that comes to mind at the moment is that I wish I played my piano more often, practiced harder when I had a teacher, and bought my piano sooner. I lived for nearly 15 years without a piano after I left my parents home. Piano's are so expensive, but I find playing (even just for myself) is relaxing and I believe it must help reduce my blood pressure.
2. The second thing I have to do is, pick 6 people and give them this award. Then I have to inform the person that they have gotten this award.
I would like to award the Cherry on Top award to
- Michelle at Michelle's Musings
- Jacqui at Life in the Dome
- Electra at Wishin I Knew How to Blog
- Jeanie at The Marmalade Gypsy
- Chat Noir at the Library of the Back Cat
- Joan at Flowers and Stripes
Many thanks Sabrina, as I said on your blog - sometimes (often) I wonder what I am doing when I blog. So it's times like this that I feel supported and encouraged. Thanks for taking the time to send me this award.
Sometimes when I get sent awards, I feel like 'just letting it go', or not responding to it. However sometimes when I get this type of acknowledgement I am affected - encouraged and uplifted. Perhaps there is something in my blog, my personal reflections on life, gardening, books and travel that helps others see more in life or think about something different. Then I feel I can keep going. It's so important to encourage each other - not just in the blogging world - but to encourage the people around us every day. My mum was really good at this when we were living at home - she used to write messages on the mirrors in the bathroom or our bedrooms saying "I love you" or 'You really are beautiful'..... With this award I am reminded, not only to encourage my blogging friends, but to encourage my friends here too.