Tuesday, July 7, 2026

My ambitions for 2026 Paris in July

 


There's something quintessentially Parisian about a spiral stairway.. It calls us to explore the space around it, and it's destination. I imagine this library space invites us to be still, and to re-create the stories of the past, or invest time in creating new ones. This July, I want to enjoy sitting in the silent space around other's stories, but also to work in creating my own new stories. 

My ambitions for this years Paris in July, include: 

Reading

    1. All the Light We Can Not See - Anthony Doerr
    2. The Vexations - Caitlin 
Watching 
    1. Le Havre (PG), France, Germany 2010.  Director - Aki Kaurismaki
    2. Hunting & Gathering (2007) - Starring Audrey Tuatou, Guillaume Cannet
Enjoying
    1. Le Tour De France
This might be very ambitions, but I'm keen to try, 


7 comments:

NancyElin said...

I'll join you watching Le Harve today....and the Tour de France! It will be a flat race from Lannemezan to Pau but that's okay, with this heat the boys need a "rest".! I'm starting Leïla Slimani's trilogy of her family saga. #1 Le Pays des autres.

Jeanie said...

Wonderful ambitions and I'll look for them! I don't have much of Paris to talk/write about this year but hope to get up at least one post!

Lisbeth said...

All the Lights We Cannot See is an excellent novel. I was totally hooked on it when I read it some years ago.
Good to see you back in Paris.

Emma at Words And Peace / France Book Tours said...

Oh great ambitions!
I loved Doerr's book, but was a dit disappointed by The Vexations - see here why (spoiler free): https://wordsandpeace.com/2020/12/13/sunday-post-33-12-13-2020/
Hunting and Gathering: I can't remember if I saw the movie, but I so enjoyed the novel, read with one of my students.
I have also been enjoying le Tour de France. French TV is so good at presenting the cultural patrimoine. So I watch it more for the cultural comments and for the landscape than for the race itself. I watch the episodes afterwards on france.tv, so with your mouse you can scroll under the video and choose which minutes to watch.

Anne@HeadFullofBooks said...

I too hope to watch some Tour du France but so far I can't make myself get up at 3 am to watch it and I forget to record it so I can watch it later in the day. I also love All the Light We Cannot See. It is one of my favorite books.

My 1st Paris in July update: https://headfullofbooks.blogspot.com/2026/07/paris-in-july-premiere-mise-jour.html

Nadia said...

Love your ambitions for Paris In July :) I've only read one book so far, but I'm thinking I'll read another - that is all I can muster this year.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I hope your ambitions for Paris in July 2026 are being realized.