Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Happy New Year!

Welcome to 2019! New Years Eve wasn't a big event for us, as we decided not to leave the 2 year old pup on her own for NYE and instead took her for a sunset stroll along the lake, where surprisingly few people were for such a lovely evening. Then Miss Bailey and my partner and I spent New Years Eve on the back veranda enjoying the fireworks in the distance, and the lightening storm

For the most part, many Australian's will typically have the 2 weeks off work around Christmas and New Years Eve, and traditionally it's a time Aussies head to the Beach!  My sister drove some 12000km to join us at our place for a lakeside Christmas day, while my parents and other sister, congregated at another beach side location further north. After my sister and her family left on boxing I was awakened to the fact that I had no other holiday plans. 14 days off work - and my sister was only here for 3 of them. My partner works in retail so he's generally working over this season.


So, how to spend my vacation? a Staycation of course. I live near some beautiful beaches, an awesome lake and many beautiful national parks. In an endeavour to not become the live in servant, constantly tidying and cleaning around the house, I set myself some goals to get out of the house.


 I've riding more than 300kms in the time between Christmas and new years eve - some of that with friends, some just on my own. And most of those bike rides took me to the waters edge somewhere. I feel so blessed to have such a beautiful surrounds.


I have also enjoyed my gardening, and some good summer reading time.


I have some reflections brewing, but I'll share these later, for now - HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Thank you for sharing the past 12 months with me again, and may the next 12 months come with some of the same - events like Paris in July, and Japanese Literature Challenge - and maybe something new for this blog... wait... I'll share more soon.


4 comments:

Jeanie said...

A sunset stroll sounds perfect and so, too, does the idea of a staycation, when you have such beautiful territory in which to stay! Wishing you the happiest of new years!

Jeanie said...

I forgot to tell you, thank you for that wonderful comment that you put on my year-end post. It almost made me cry -- good cry. Hugs to you in the new year and always!

Nadia said...

Sounds like a terrific holiday staycation :) Those photos = wow! Such a lovely place to live. Happy New Year!!

Mae Travels said...

Have a great year! I'm looking forward to whatever you devise for us to do.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com