The school and hostel are in a rural area near Madurai - home to this amazing temple. But I recently found something else I want to visit in Madurai - the Women's Education Project. http://www.womenseducationproject.org/
While I'm in India, I am hoping to do some video interviews of the organisation's Directors, Teachers and especially some of the girls who are currently enrolled in the school program. If you visit the above website of the Women's Education Project, you'll find some of their video clips. I want to do something like this.
Your help is wanted! I am currently preparing some scripts for the proposed video interviews. I'd love to hear what sort of things you'd like me to ask the girls in India. Here's the link to their website: http://www.odamindia.org/
Here's some of the questions I've already thought about including into my interviews
· Where do your family live? Is it very far from here?
· How old were you when you started coming to ODAM’s school? [many of the girls at the school didn't start school when other kids do - many of them were working in factories or farms]
· Did you go to another school before?
· What did you do before you started school?
· Do you like school?
- What’s the best thing about coming to school here?
I look forward to hearing your ideas.