I've had a break from blogging since I got the flu, and then went away for a bush walking weekend and hurt my back when I fell on a rock. I've pretty much now recovered, but I then had a couple of busy weekends. All the while I was feeling pretty much emotionally distracted by my up and coming trip to India in September/October (so much planning to do), and preparing for a fairly routine operation this week. Preparing for surgery (regardless of how routine it is for the Dr) is emotionally draining for me. So I haven't really been focused on anything of late.
So, the Iris is my symbol of hope and fear, of strength and fragility. It shows me, I too can be elegant, clam and peaceful in the moment.
- Finished reading 'The Dragon of Trelian' (Thanks Della Bellezza)
- Currently reading 'The elegance of the Hedgehog' (encouraged by RubyRed Books and 'The Good Life'
- Looking forward to the Japanese Literature Challenge 3
- Garden pickings (this week) included spinach, bok choy, celery, grapefruits, lemons, carrots, lettuce, cherry tomatoes and leeks
- Garden plantings included a Yacon (check this out for more info), comfrey, bok choy, Chinese cabbage, silverbeet, snow peas and carrots.