Besides being a little busy bee in the garden, I've given myself some time for reading pleasures. Firstly I have enjoyed catching up on blogs and book reviews. Then I have progressed some of my current books.
I'm currently reading 3 different books, all of different materials. I'm reading a little bit each day of the Good Life (previously blogged about), simultaneously I'm plodding through the months in the UN Peacekeepers book "Emergency Sex". I've also started Keri Hulmes "Stonefish" which is a little weird, but no weirder than the Murakami novels. I've previously read her novel "the Bone People" and really enjoyed it (as part of bookclub) - Stonefish won the Booker Prize, so I'm pretty keen to continue with it.
In my blogging though, I've been tempted by the following books.
- The Elegance of the Hedgehog - a french work translated as reviewed by RubyRed Books
- Farm City - about urban farming as reviewed by These Days in French Life
- Out - a Japanese thriller as reviewed by Framlane Books
- Very Valentine - a novel as reviewed by BookBath
- Liduid Jade - about tea as reviewed byA Stipped Armchair (although in her video she doesn't have a stipped armchair?)
- A Dragon Telian - a novel reviewed by Dolce Bellezza