It's a gorgeous Summer's Saturday and my bougainvillea is looking stunning in the sunlight. I thought I would give a bit of a garden update today. I am pretty happy with how the gardens growing, although I have a furry caterpillar plague on my Rhubarb.. any hints??
- This weeks producers include celery, carrots, snow peas, zuccini, basil, parsley, last crop of lettuce.
- This weeks plantings include beetroot, lettuce, snow peas, and raddishes
- This weeks progress includes beans, bok choy, brocoli and cucumbers
- Fruit - I have 3 multigrafted citrus trees. This means they can produce different varieties. This will be the first year we've got more than one fruit on the trees - in total about 9 fruit. I dont know what they are yet?? but I've put all the fruit into protection bags because we're prone to fruit fly here. I got my bags from Green Harvest.
- Banana - the hand of banana's is still hanging, doesn't look much different since the last photo, but at least its still there.
- Old lemon tree - My partner decided it was time to prune the old dear. She still produces fruit plentiful for us and friends, although she's rotting through at the base. We dont know how long she'l stay standing.