Sunday, June 26, 2016

Paris in July buttons



Our 2016 Paris in July Blogging event is less than a week from commencing, and I'm really excited about how many people have signed up already. Deb has kindly produced these wonderful buttons for us to use this year. I think they capture the essence of the blogging event - the Eiffel tower is the quintessential reminder of all things Parisian, and this beautiful sculpture reminds us of the wonderful arts, literature and thinking that comes out of Paris. Thanks Deb!

If you haven't yet signed in and want to - please check in here.  While I'm away abit in the next week - I'll try to set up a Paris in July Participants roll on the side of my blog.

I've also had one volunteer to assist with providing a Paris in July weekly summary, and I'm open to others. The idea is that at the end of the week we just post a simple summary of the types of things people have been posting. It's a simple way to stay connected and inspired. I will also be posting the weekly sign in Mr Linkys.

For me, I haven't yet decided my blogging projects - books, movies, food or something different... but I can share with you I'm going for a weeks holiday to Australia's nearest Paris - We're going to Numea and Les Iles des Pins. I'mm sure there's going to be some french markets, restarants, and all sorts of frenchy stuff.. I'm very much looking forward to that week away.

If anyone has any recommended lightist french novels, I'm open for suggestions. There'll be some beachside/poolside reading in Numea!

6 comments:

Audrey said...

Have you read Antoine Laurain? The Red Notebook or The President's Hat? There's a new one, too, but I'm not sure it's out yet. Light but sparkling!

Tamara said...

Thanks Audrey. I did read the red note book and quite enjoyed it. I'll look up the new book and take it on holidays.

Tamara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeanie said...

Hi, Tamara -- I'm hoping to get in at least one or two posts, probably later in the month, though I'll be in the Land of Limited Internet, so we'll see. I'll definitely be checking in whenever I can, no matter what!

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

Enjoy that wonderful getaway !

Mae Travels said...

Maybe everyone has read them all, but a very entertaining series of Paris books is being reissued in new translations -- namely, the Inspector Maigret police procedurals by Georges Simenon (1903-1989). The first book in the series, in the new translation titled "Pietr the Latvian," is only $2.99 in kindle edition. I'm sure older translations are knocking around in libraries and used bookstores as well.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com