Wednesday, September 23, 2015

New Plans - New Journey

photo credit
There are times when life takes you on a different journey, down unexpected pathways, along roads unplanned.... these journeys could be 'feared' for the changes they will bring - or they can be anticipated with willingness to experience the change.

I am realising that I was on my planned journey, the way I wanted to go... when those plans were interrupted.

In my work life, I spend quite a bit of time and energy promoting 'disruptive' change - innovation - for better outcomes in the public sector - which is well known for doing things the same old way because that's the way we've always done it.

Well, now it's time to live my own mantra.

“Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.”
Lao Tzu
I have a dream to be a champion for the women and girls of the village of Thirichuli. I like to visit them often to see how they are growing and developing, and I like to support the NGO that manages those programs. I was hoping to be there right now. I'm not. I'm currently still in Oz. I waited patiently for my paperwork. But it was time to change my plans. I'm about to leave for 6 weeks in Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos. I wont be volunteering - I'll be backpacking and experiencing.
Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.”  Terry Pratchett, A Hat Full of Sky

So, here I go... Anything can happen.... I may come back different... that might be a good thing. I'll try and keep you posted.

Ps. As I'm heading off to somewhere I've never been and really never thought about going to - I'd love any travel suggestions...

4 comments:

Jeanie said...

Have a glorious trip. I'm sure it will be fascinating and that you will discover a great many things that matter, that will make a difference in your life and your work. And if nothing else, it will be new and different. You will return to India and your girls. It's time to see what's along the way.

general manager said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jhon Marshal said...

I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it.I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.
Stout Spice Company

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the info, keep the good work going.... I really enjoyed exploring your site.Good resource.

matcha green tea