Sunday, February 10, 2013

Indian Gifts

 



What a surprise I got to find this parcel on my doorstep after work. Post marked India, with Indian customs paperwork all over it, the material wrapped parcel was stitched up and addressed to "Tamara & Chris". I love parcels, but this one was more special than most.

The Elephants, Swans and Soaps were hand made by women in India as part of a micro finance and income generation scheme supported by the NGO that I support. The program is struggling to find forums to sell their items through, and unfortunately, the tax rulings here in Australia prevent us from doing it easily.

So for now, these beuatiful gifts adorned my dining room, while I try to think of ways to use this small collection to raise money to send back to India. If you have any ideas on how I can use these resources to raise more money, please let me know.... in the meantime, to learn more about my charity in India, check out these posts, and links.
 Email me if you'd like to chat more about this passion of mine.

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

What a glorious burst of color! And I'll bet it smelled as beautiful as it looked. I applaud your micro financing. It's a good feeling, isn't it? Have a lovely day.